This is a pleasant twist on traditional potato salad. The complexity in flavour of this dish is achieved with just a few simple ingredients and a relatively small amount of prep time. This dish makes the perfect side for summer barbecues. Try it with grilled sausage or slow roasted baby back ribs or with your favourite Schnitzel any time of the year.
Sweet Potato Salad
- 4 medium white or russet potatoes peeled and cut into roughly 1 inch cubes
- 1 large sweet potato cut into roughly 1 inch cubes
- 3 tbsp cider vinegar
- 3 radishes sliced
- 2 ribs celery chopped
- 2 green onions chopped
- 2 medium dill pickles finely chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp old fashioned or whole grain Dijon mustard
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Bring white potatoes to a boil in salted water. After 3 minutes, add sweet potatoes and cook until tender (don’t overcook).
- Drain the potatoes in a colander and let cool for a few minutes.
- Transfer potatoes to a glass or ceramic bowl. Toss with vinegar, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend the mayonnaise and mustard, salt and pepper then stir in all the other ingredients. Mix delicately and serve cool.