This simple and healthy appetizer made of avocado, onion, lime, cilantro and jalapeno whips up in minutes. It’s always a hit with vegetarians and the health conscious too. While usually served with tortillas or corn chips, try it as a dip for bite size sweet peppers, celery and cucumbers.
When buying avocados, make sure they are ripe by giving them a gentle squeeze. If they dent slightly, then they are just right. I also find white onion works best. Include the jalapeno seeds if you like it picante.
Guacamole – Traditional Mexican
- 3 avocados
- 1 cup white onion finely chopped
- 1 cup cilantro finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt to taste
- Slice the avocado in half lengthwise. Pop out the stone. Scrape out the pulp with a teaspoon and add to a mixing bowl. Mash with a fork.
- Stir in other ingredients. Serve immediately.
NutritionPer serving Calories: 216kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 1g | Iron: 1mg
Did you make this recipe?
Add your comment and rating below
Share your photos on Instagram