A light and elegant summer salad of crab in a creamy dressing with avocado and tomato served on Boston lettuce.
Nothing evokes the California dining experience like an epicurean health conscious lunch. This salad includes some typical west coast ingredients and flavours.
California Crab Salad
For the Plates
- ½ head of Boston or Bibb lettuce washed and separated
- 1 avocado halved, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1 tomato sliced
- ½ cup fresh dill for garnish
For the Topping
- 1 rib of celery chopped
- 1 green onion chopped
- ½ red bell pepper chopped
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp sweet green relish
- 1 tbsp Catalina style salad dressing
- ½ cup shredded cooked crab meat or 1, 4 oz can
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Arrange the plate ingredients then place the plates in the refrigerator to chill.
- Mix the topping ingredients and spoon on top of the lettuce.
- Garnish and serve immediately.
Notes & Options
Try using homemade green tomato relish instead of the store-bought green relish. You may also choose to substitute a number of greens like a spring mix or mesclun. Chili sauce can be substituted for the Catalina salad dressing.