Sweet Potato Salad
This is a pleasant twist on traditional potato salad. The complexity in flavour of this dish is achieved with just a few simple ingredients and a relatively small amount of prep time. This dish makes the perfect side with either hot Italian sausage or Slow Roasted Baby Back Ribs. Try pairing it with some cold India Pale Ale.
- 4 medium white or russet potatoes, peeled and cut into roughly 1 inch cubes
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into roughly 1 inch cubes
- 3 tbsp cider vinegar
- 3 radishes, sliced
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 medium dill pickles, finely chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp old fashioned or whole grain Dijon mustard
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Bring white potatoes to a boil in salted water. After 3 minutes, add sweet potatoes and cook until tender (don't overcook).
- Prepare the other ingredients and refridgerate.
- Drain in a colander and let cool for a few minutes.
- Transfer to a glass or ceramic bowl toss with vinegar, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Blend the mayonaise and mustard, salt and pepper then stir in the other ingredients.