This is a pleasant twist on traditional potato salad. The complexity in flavour of this dish is achieved with just a few simple ingredients and a relatively small amount of prep time. This dish makes the perfect side with either hot Italian sausage or dry rubbed slow roasted baby back ribs.
Sweet Potato Salad
- 4 medium white or russet potatoes peeled and cut into roughly 1 inch cubes
- 1 large sweet potato cut into roughly 1 inch cubes
- 3 tbsp cider vinegar
- 3 radishes sliced
- 2 ribs celery chopped
- 2 green onions chopped
- 2 medium dill pickles finely chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp old fashioned or whole grain Dijon mustard
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Bring white potatoes to a boil in salted water. After 3 minutes, add sweet potatoes and cook until tender (don’t overcook).
- Prepare the other ingredients and refrigerate.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander and let cool for a few minutes.
- Transfer potatoes to a glass or ceramic bowl. Toss with vinegar, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend the mayonnaise and mustard, salt and pepper then stir in all the other ingredients. Mix delicately and serve cool.