This healthy salad is balanced with subtle flavours that grow on trees. It’s nutty-sweet vinaigrette of walnut oil, maple syrup and balsamic vinegar bring together the bold flavoured salad ingredients. It’s topped off with an aromatic soft crunch of slivered almonds.
Spinach Salad with Walnut Maple Vinaigrette
- 4 ounces spinach cleaned, stems removed (about 4 cups)
- 2 ounces Boston leaf or iceberg lettuce (about 2 cups)
- 2 white mushrooms thinly sliced
- 2 slices red onion rings separated
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes coarsely chopped
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup walnut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Layer and proportionately distribute salad ingredients on the four plates.
- Chill the plates in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Make sure the vinaigrette ingredients are well blended then drizzle over the salad and serve.
You may also like
Take the survey and share your favourite Canadian main course, side dish, dessert and breakfast dishes.