Spinach Salad with Walnut Maple Vinaigrette
This healthy salad is balanced with subtle flavours that grow on trees. Delicate walnut oil, the aromatic soft crunch of almonds and the natural sweetness of maple.
- 4 ounces spinach, cleaned, stems removed (about 4 cups)
- 2 ounces Boston, leaf or iceberg lettuce (about 2 cups)
- 2 white mushroom, thinly sliced
- 2 slices red onion, rings separated
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup walnut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- Layer and proportionately distribute salad ingredients on the four plates.
- Chill the plates in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Make sure the vinaigrette ingredients are well blended then drizzle over salad and serve.
- I found a maple infused balsamic vinegar that worked well.