You are right if you thought this dish was going to be spicy. Fra Diavolo is Italian for “Brother Devil”, and this zesty sauce goes well with pasta and seafood. You may want to experiment a little by adding a splash of wine or vodka to the sauce or replace the salt and throw in some chopped anchovies to really bump up the flavour.
Shrimp Fra Diavolo
- 12 oz shrimp medium peeled and deveined
- 1½ cup passata tomato puree
- ¼ cup cream
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- ½ red pepperchopped
- 1 tsp red chili pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped
- 5 oz linguine
- ½ tsp salt
- Add the olive oil to a large deep skillet and heat to medium. Cook shrimp for about 1 minute per side until pink. Remove shrimp to a dish.
- Add the red peppers to the pan and cook until tender. Add the garlic and chili flakes and cook for about 1 minute.
- In a separate pot, cook the pasta and drain when tender. Meanwhile, add the passata, cream and salt to the skillet and heat. Stir in the shrimp to warm and coat with the sauce. Combine the sauce with the pasta and serve. Top with parsley.