This recipe combines some popular middle eastern ingredients and is based on the traditional stewed green bean dish called Loubieh Ruz. I like to add some meat and serve over lemon rice to make this a simple two dish meal.
Lebanese Lamb & Green Bean Stew
- 3 cups cut green beans cooked fresh or canned
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- ½ red pepper diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups lamb, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ tsp chili pepper flakes
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp allspice
- Steam the green beans until tender. Set aside.
- In a deep skillet or wok, heat the oil and stir fry the onions and peppers.
- After the onion and pepper are tender add the garlic and the meat and cook for about two minutes, stirring often.
- Add the green beans, tomato juice and spices.
- Simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve over rice or as a stew with bread.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave your rating and comment below.