This one dish meal is a fantastic way to use up leftover ham. It includes a tasty combination of potatoes, broccoli and cauliflower in a cheesy sauce.
Ham Casserole with Broccoli & Cauliflower
A tasty combination of ham, potatoes, vegetables and a cheesy sauce.
- 2 cups broccoli chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower chopped
- 2 cups chopped ham
- 2 cups diced potatoes 3 potatoes
- 1 onion diced
- 1½ cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with water, then place the broccoli and cauliflower on top.
- Cover with a lid and boil for about 10 minutes, or until potatoes are tender; drain and set aside.
- In Dutch oven, sauté the onion until transparent.
- Stir in the ham, cloves, and mustard and heat for about a minute
- Use a shaker or whisk to mix the flour and the milk.
- Stir the milk mixture and the maple syrup into the roast pan.
- Add the salt, pepper, turmeric, cheese, broccoli, cauliflower and potatoes; combine well.
- Top with the bread crumbs and paprika.
- Bake for 30 minutes, uncovered.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes before serving.