With origins in Spain’s, hot sunny Andalucía region, this chilled vegetable soup is perfect for a summertime al fresco lunch or as an appetizer with dinner on the patio.
This chilled vegetable soup is perfect for a summertime al fresco lunch or as an appetizer with dinner on the patio.
- 28 oz stewed tomatoes
- 0.5 English cucumber peeled and chopped
- 0.5 green pepper seeded and chopped
- 0.5 red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 garlic clove ground into paste
- 0.5 cup basil chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.25 tsp chili paste
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse chop
- Blend on low about 30 seconds
- Place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving. Serve chilled with toasted country-style white bread.
Mexican Gazpacho variation: Replace the basil and red wine vinegar with cilantro and lime juice.