Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Want to add some pizzazz to those boring mashed potatoes. Garlic lovers can’t resist this combination, accented with tidbits of toasted garlic and nicely balanced with sour cream and parsley.
- 5 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2" chunks
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp dried parsley flakes
- ½ tsp salt
- Boil the potatoes for about 15 minutes, or until tender.
- Add the garlic and butter to a small bowl. Cover and cook on high in microwave oven for one minute.
- Drain and mash the potatoes.
- Stir in the garlic butter, sour cream and parsley and salt.
- Always use fresh chopped garlic.