Mouth-watering and delicious – if you love chocolate, you’ll get your fix with this easy stovetop dessert pudding made with cocoa and other common baking ingredients.
It’s a shame how years of marketing have programmed us to abandon traditions of cooking even the simplest foods from scratch. Marketing pitches for time saving products have actually deprived us of so many wonderful natural and wholesome flavours while exposing us to lots of unpronounceable chemical compounds. Just forget those instant cake and pudding mixes and get back to basics. You will be surprised at how well you can cook from scratch by just following this simple recipe. The proof is in the pudding!
Chocolate Lovers Pudding
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup pure cocoa powder
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 ½ cups milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Add the dry ingredients (sugar cocoa, cornstarch and salto a medium saucepan. Mix with a whisk.
- Stir in the milk gradually and cook on medium heat, stirring frequently with a whisk, until pudding starts to bubble.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until pudding has thickened, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, add the butter and vanilla stirring until the butter has melted.
- Transfer to serving dishes and refrigerate for at least two hours.