This dish pairs nicely with grilled meats or pasta.
Baked Zucchini Medley
Zucchini, bell peppers and mushrooms are tossed with garlic, oil, Parmesan cheese and seasonings then baked to bring out a medley of flavours.
- 2 medium zucchinis sliced into ½ inch rounds
- ½ red pepper cut into strips
- 4 mushrooms cut in half
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Add the salt and garlic to a large mixing bowl. Crush the garlic with a pestle.
- Stir in the oil, Italian seasoning, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Toss the zucchini, red pepper and mushrooms in the oil mixture.
- Spread the zucchinis, red pepper and mushrooms over a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes. (7 for tender crisp, 10 for well done)
- Change the oven setting to broil and broil for about 2 minutes to brown the top.
Additional cheese may be sprinkled over the vegetables just before putting them in the oven.